I was looking through the storage shelves during art today with Evelyn and came across these plastic gems which reminded of the crystal bullet necklaces that I'd been lusting after for a few weeks now. Here's a step by step guide with no pictures because I forgot to take any.
- Thin and rectangular piece of imitation gem
- Paint varnish(if the imitation gem isn't shiny already)
- A small hallow cylinder big enough to fit a section of the gem in
- Hot glue gun or super glue
- Sturdy wire
- Make sure that part of the gem is thin enough to fit inside the metal cylinder. If it isn't, file part of it away using a hard object.
- Use the hot glue gun to fill up the cylinder slightly and place the gem as far in as you can/want to. Go around the area where the gem and the cylinder connect to make sure that the gem stays put.
- Get the wire and bend it to make a small loop. This is where you can put the chain through.
- Use the hot glue gun again to stick it in the other end of the cylinder
- If your gem isn't shiny and you want it to be, go over it with a thin layer of varnish. Now you're done!
It's not as nice as the ones on Unearthen obviously, but it's a pretty nice alternative if you wanna save a lot of cash. Be careful while you're making this because I was an idiot and burnt my finger with the hot glue gun :'(