April 25, 2015

Shanghai Suzy Winter Wardrobe 2015


Hello! I hope that you've all had a splendid beginning to your weekend :) I arrived home to these lipsticks yesterday and had to use all of my self control not to open them until today so I could do a quick little unboxing/dodgy swatch post for you guys. Things I have learned today: 1. lip swatches are freaking hard to do 2. they take up so much time 3. they kill your lips 4. my skin is breaking out really damn badly. 

Anyway, I bought these lipsticks directly off the Shanghai Suzy website and opted for the Winter Wardrobe. They arrived super quickly and I had no problems with the transaction whatsoever. All of the lipsticks are extremely buildable and glide on smoothly especially considering the fact that some of these have a matte finish. I haven't had the chance to wear these lipsticks properly yet so I can't say anything about how they last but I'll hopefully update this post within the next week.







One thing which I really hate about these lipsticks is the little plastic sticker you have to pull off to open the lipstick. They leave a really annoying residue over the top of the removable lid and on the actual casing that holds the lipstick. Other than that, the lipstick packaging is super light and has a latch/snap like closure to make sure the top doesn't come flying off. They're also grape scented!



A perfect muted everyday shade which comes off looking a lot like MAC's velvet teddy in my selfies.



I'm just going to straight out admit that I don't like these sparkling shades at all. There was a total of two included in the Winter Wadrobe and they're just a bit.... strange? Definitely would have loved this colour without the little shimmer bits in it though which is a shame :(  


Say hello to the darkest shade in the wardrobe! Absolutely love the formula working with this colour since it makes application a hell of a lot easier since it doesn't pull on the lips. 



I remember back in 2013/2014 I had this crazy obsession with bright pink barbie lipsticks so this is an absolute refresher! (Okay, I'll just admit it now - I love all matte lipsticks in general so I love all of the ones in this pack).


 
I think this is definitely the most wearable colour in the pack for new lipstick wearers. I know it doesn't particularly look like it in these selfies but I'd definitely describe it as a your lipsticks but better colour! 


 
A classic cool toned red lipstick. You can never have too many :3




Although I'm an absolute sucker for orange and coral lipsticks, I have to sadly say that this is my least favourite lipstick in the wardrobe purely based on the fact that it's a shimmer. The glitter pieces in this lipstick are a lot bigger compared to the ones in the Miss Veronica Sparkling Plum so it feels like you're kind of exfoliating your lips as you apply... not the most pleasant feeling in the world. 



I'm struggling to decide whether I like this colour or not. I absolutely love how it looks in photos but in real life I feel that it looks really olive coloured. 

Hope that you guys liked this post! I'm hoping to get more practice at doing lip swatch posts because I've got four Gerard Cosmetic lipsticks that I'd like to share with you guys soon but I'm having some issues with receiving the second half of my lipsticks right now. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! S.

No comments :

Slider