April 23, 2014

Travel Diaries - Cairns: Day 01


That juice I'm drinking cost $7.95 - airport prices are too damn high!

Hello lovelies. I have promised to put this post up by the end of tonight so here is my attempt of a quick, good quality post while desperately in need of a really good sleep in. I'll just get a bunch of FAQs I usually get on travel diaries out of the way quickly. Jason and I traveled to Cairns for three nights over the Easter holidays. All together, our flights and accomodation cost approximately $350 each. We flew with Jetstar (who kindly price beat Tiger prices) and stayed at Rydges Tradewinds on the Esplanade.


Flying over the Sunshine Coast (I think)


Off the plane and this is the first thing I see in the Cairns airport toilets. 





It cost us about $20 for a 15~ minute cab ride back to our apartment and I was actually really excited when we got there because the building and lobby looked nice. MUCH TO MY DISAPPOINTMENT, the rooms were... well you can have a look.








If "meh" was a room, then it would definitely be the one we stayed in. The apartment was livable but it was very, verrry old. Jason and I had a lot of trouble functioning because we had no idea that this space had no kitchen - which means no bowls, no forks, no microwave. The best thing about the place was probably the bathroom, which I don't even have a photo of. 


First meal in Cairns at Outback Jacks. Got so hungry I forgot to take a photo of our food. 

It's not very often somebody recommends you to visit a specific gelato shop - Gelocchio.

Gigantic pools at the Esplanade.

Happy 4 10 for dinner! Absolutely loved this adorable little space. 




10 pieces of takoyaki for $10, a teriyaki set meal, and a bulgogi set meal. 


After dinner we made our way to some late night markets and ran into an interesting shop name. If you were interested the shop was mainly selling some niche market dresses and shoes from what I could tell..

Worst place for an impulsive buyer. 

Voodoo dolls.

These bracelets were literally everywhere in Cairns!!




Aaand, after all of that we had a late night walk home through the Esplanade! 

Just a quick introduction to our trip so far but the next two posts in this series will definitely be more interesting, I pinky promise. I hope you're all incredibly well and that you had as wonderful of an Easter as I did. All my love, s.

No comments :

Slider